4K Ultra HD recording Android Smartphone is on its way! Yes, we are talking about Acer Liquid S2
Rumours had it that Samsung Galaxy Note 3 may offer 4K video recording but Acer has been the first one to officially announce this “super power”. The 6-inch Acer Liquid S2 will definitely have 4K video recording.
Samsung will be unveiling Galaxy Note 3 on Wednesday during a special media event while Acer had already issued the IFA 2012 announcements for different Android-based products including the 6-inch Liquid S2.
Acer Liquid S2 Specifications
Here’s what you can expect from the handset, in addition to its 4K recording capabilities:
- Processor: 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Display: 6-inch Full HD IPS display (1920 x 1080 resolution) and 368ppi, with Gorilla Glass 3.0
- Screen Size: 166 x 86 x 8.99mm profile
- RAM: 2GB
- Memory: 16GB Internal
- Camera:Rear – 13-megapixel camera with f2.2, 28mm lens, BSI sensor, 4K Ultra HD video recording, “fast full HD,” “4 x slow motion,” 27MP full panorama photo, LED ring flash, other camera features (Quick First Shot, Smart Best Shot, Tag Widget, Favorite Mode, Exposure Control, Freehand Capture, Live Screen)
Front – 2-megapixel front-facing camera with f2.2, 24mm lens, BSI sensor, 88-degree wide viewing angle and 1080p video recording
- Battery: 3300mAh non-removable
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Acer Float User Interface (multitasking feature that “allows several app windows to stay open”) and other Acer features
- 4G LTE (up to 150Mbps)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n with Mobile Hotspot support
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- GPS, GLONASS
- Stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus sound
Pricing and release date
The Liquid S2 will be available at the end of October, according to the press release, although exact launch dates are not provided at this time.
Pricing details aren’t available either, so we’ll have to wait for additional announcements from Acer and carrier partners.