Mi 5 is official now!
Xiaomi just announced Mi5, which is company’s flagship and one of the most awaited smartphone in MWC 2016. It comes with Quad core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU. It has 5.15-inch 1080p curved glass FHD display with 1920×1080 pixels. It sports 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording and 4MP front with 2um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens.
The Mi 5 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7 on top of it.It has a 3D glass body with glass finish on back. It comes with fingerprint sensor and has USB Type-C port, also packs 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. It will be coming in two variants with 3GB RAM which will have 32GB and 64GB storage, whereas 4GB variant comes with 128GB storage. It will go on sale from 1st March in China.
Colours and availability
- Black, White, Gold and Rose colours for 1999 Yuan (approx. Rs. 20,969) for the standard 3GB RAM with 32GB memory with 1.8GHz Snapdragon 820 SoC
- Black, White, Gold and Rose colours for 2299 Yuan (approx. Rs. 24,092) for the same 3GB RAM, 64GB memory and 2.15GHz Snapdragon 820 SoC
- Exclusive ceramic edition 2699 Yuan (approx. Rs. 28,312) with 4GB RAM, 128GB memory and 2.15GHz Snapdragon 820 SoC
Xiaomi Mi 5 specifications are
- Processor: Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Display: 5.15-inch Full HD with curved glass, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness, 1920×1080 pixels
- RAM: 3GB LPDDR4/ Memory: 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / Memory: 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal
- Camera: Rear 16-megapixel with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording/ Front 4MP with 2um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- SIM: Dual
- Connectivity: 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3,000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) built-in with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0