A Heaven for Readers.
Amazon has introduced the all-new Kindle Paperwhite, the most popular bestselling Kindle is updating with the highest resolution Paperwhite display, the exclusive Kindle font Bookerly, a new typesetting engine for more beautiful pages.
Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO said, [notification type=”notification_info” ]“We love inventing for readers. The new Kindle Paperwhite obsesses over the details that matter most to readers—we’ve added our highest-resolution display so the words are crisp and clear on the page, a new font that is crafted exclusively for reading Kindle books, and a new typesetting engine that makes pages beautiful. Together, these details help you read faster and with less eyestrain, so you can lose yourself in the author’s world.”[/notification]
New, Highest Resolution Paperwhite Display-300 Pixels per Inch for Laser-Quality Text:
The new updates adds on to the highest resolution paperwhite display. It delivered the same 30 pixels per inch that readers love about Kindle. With this kind of resolution the display delivers laser quality text
Which makes it easy to read comfortably making it easy to read comfortably at any font size, including at smaller fonts so you can fit more words on each page. Even with the new higher resolution display, Kindle Paperwhite delivers battery life that is measured in weeks rather than hours.
New Bookerly Font and Typography Features-Read Faster with Less Eyestrain:
Bookerly, an exclusive font designed from the ground up for reading on digital screens has been added to kindle now. Warm and contemporary, Bookerly is inspired by the artistry of the best fonts in modern print books and hand-crafted for great readability at any size.
The new Kindle Paperwhite also incorporated an all-new typesetting engine that lays out words just as the author intended:
- Hyphenation and improved spacing : Hyphenation added to break words at the right place, creates paragraphs with consistent lines, and adjusts the space between words
- Improved character spacing and placement: New kerning and ligatures automatically adjust character spacing to make it easier and faster to recognize words at any font size. Similar to a typesetter formatting a print book, Kindle Paperwhite will look at neighboring pairs of letters in context and adjust the character spacing to suit the word, it also removes the distraction caused by the white empty space.
- Amazing page layout : The new typesetting engine presents drop caps, text, and images on Kindle just as the author intended, and lets dynamically adjust the layout as the reader changes the text size.
- Large fonts, for better reading: One of the benefits of reading on Kindle is that you can customize the font size based on personal preference. Kindle Paperwhite automatically adapts when a reader chooses the largest font sizes, customizing the margins, columns, indents, nested lists, borders, and drop caps to keep the page easy to read.
- The new typography and layout improvements are available on over half a million books, including many best sellers, with thousands more being added every week. The features will be delivered as part of a free, over-the-air software update in the coming weeks.
Lose Yourself in an ocean of Books:
Unlike tablets and phones, dedicated e-readers don’t distract you with social media, emails, and text messages. They don’t beep at you or tire your eyes when you read for hours at a time. By design, e-readers are purpose-built for reading and create a sanctuary so you can lose yourself in a book
All the Features Readers crave for:
The new Kindle Paperwhite includes all of the features that a book reader will crave for here are some:
- Weeks of battery life: Battery life is measured in weeks, not hours.
- No set up required: Kindle arrives pre-registered so you can start reading immediately.
- Whispersync: Saves and synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations across all of your devices and Kindle apps, so you can always pick up where you left off.
- Worry-free archive: Automatically backs up your Kindle books in the cloud, so you never need to worry about losing your books—re-download your books wirelessly anytime for free.
- Goodreads: Kindle is integrated with the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations, with over 40 million members, 1.1 billion books added, and 43 million book reviews.
- X-Ray- Explore the “Bones of the Book”: see all of the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places or topics of interest.
- Word Wise: Available on many popular English language titles, Word Wise makes it easier to enjoy and quickly understand more challenging books. Short and simple definitions automatically appear above difficult words, so you can keep reading with fewer interruptions..
- Time to Read: Tells you how much time it will take to finish a chapter or a book based on your personalized reading speed.
- Kindle Page Flip: Skim page-by-page, scan by chapter, or jump to anywhere in your book all without losing your place.
- Vocabulary Builder: Compiles words you look up in the dictionary into an easy-to-access list. Use these lists to quiz yourself with flashcards and instantly see words in context.
- Share your favorite passages : Share book recommendations, highlighted sections, and meaningful quotes with friends via Facebook and Twitter
- Smart Lookup: Integrates a full dictionary definition with other reference information via X-Ray and Wikipedia.
The new Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi version is available at INR 10,999/- while the Wi-Fi+3G version is priced at INR 13,999./- It is available for pre-order now at Amazon and start shipping on June 30th 2015. It will also be available in over 500 retail outlets across India.