Here are some good and bad things about iPad mini 2, and ofcourse my take on it.
- Apple finally decided to work on the screen resolution for iPad mini 2 with retina display. The same 7.9-inch screen now has a resolution of 1536X2086p and doubled pixel density, i.e., 324ppi.
- Apple has used its own chipset A7 chipset with ARMv8-based cyclone cores, a few generations ahead of A9.
- There are two microphones, one at the top edge and one at the back. This will help in capturing better sound, will improve the quality of the recordings and will help Siri for even better voice recognition.
- iPad mini 2 with retina display also has the M7 coprocessor . M7 coprocessor, without waking up A7 can measure motion data from accelerometer, gyroscope and compass sensors. This means a better battery life.
The bad or well, the sad:
- No TouchID for iPad mini 2.
- It is thicker and heavier than iPad mini. (7.5mm and 331gms)
It runs on iOS7 and the colour options are white, silver, black and space grey. There are Wi-Fi and 3G/LTE versions.
iPad Mini will be available in November with starting price $399 (Let’s see how much does it cost here in India) and the models will range from 16-128GB.
iPad mini, the original will still be available at $299.
If I were a huge Apple fan I would say A-W-E-S-O-M-E
So the specs are great and it is definitely better the original version so my guess is there will be more takers for this than there were for the former one. Are you one of them?