Mini smartphone gets a tablet docket!
Asus announced the very awaited and talked about hybrid, combination of smartphone and tablet Asus Padfone mini 4.3. As the name suggest it has 4.3-inch Super IPS display with 960×540 pixels with docking Padfone station has 7-inch Super IPS display with 1280×800 pixels. It is loaded with 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor with boost of Adreno 305 GPU.
Asus Padfone mini 4.3 has 1GB RAM and 16GB onboard storage which is expandable up to 64GB. Asus has given 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture and 2-megapixel front facing camera. The Padfone mini 4.3 comes with Android 4.3 running out of the box and it supports dual SIM (GSM+GSM), 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, aGPS and GLONASS.
Asus Padfone mini 4.3 has 1,500mAh battery for smartphone and has 2,200mAh battery backup for Padfone station, this features makes Padfone cool and unique gadget. Asus Padfone mini 4.3 is announced in Taiwan and will roll out in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Russia and Singapore. It will be available in Black, Pink and White colour variants. The device has been priced at 11,990 New Taiwanese dollars, which is roughly Rs. 25,000.
Asus Padfone mini 4.3 specifications are
- Processor: 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 (MSM8226)
- GPU: Adreno 305
- Display: 4.3-inch Super IPS with 960×540 pixels at 256 ppi
- Display: 7-inch Super IPS with 1280×800 pixels (Padfone station)
- RAM: 1GB
- Memory: 16GB internal, expandable up to 64GB
- Camera: Rear 8MP/ Front 2MP
- OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Connectivity: 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, aGPS and GLONASS
- Battery: 1500mAh (in phone)
- Battery: 2200mAh (in Padfone station)