BlackBerry is back with its QWERTY keypad smartphone named BlackBerry KEY2. The new smartphone is launched under licensee Optiemus Infracom. The smartphone has a Series 7 Aluminum Alloy Frame, a Textured Diamond Grip back panel and Intelligent Shortcuts for opening apps with the single press of a key. BlackBerry KEY2 features a 4.5-inch full-HD IPS LCD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass, a 3:2 aspect ratio, a pixel density of 433ppi and 1080×1620 pixels resolution.
It is powered by 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Chipset (four Kryo 260 cores clocked at 2.2GHz and four clocked at 1.8GHz) paired with 6GB of RAM. There is 64GB/128GB of onboard storage which can be expandable up to 256GB via microSD card slot. The smartphone is equipped with a 3500mAh battery and its supports Quick Charge 3.0 support.
BlackBerry KEY2 sports a horizontally aligned dual camera setup with two 12-megapixel rear sensors along with Dual Tone LED flash and dual PDAF. The primary sensor has 79.3 degrees Field of View, 1.28-micron pixels, and a f/1.8 aperture, while the secondary sensor has a 50-degree Field of View, 1.0-micron pixels, and f/2.6 aperture. It also supports HDR, 4K video recording at 30FPS. The front camera is of 8-megapixel fixed focus, and it also has screen flash and full-HD video recording. Connectivity options are 4G LTE (on both SIM cards), Wi-Fi 802.11ac (dual-band 2.4GHz, 5GHz), Bluetooth v5.0 LE, GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, NFC, and USB Type-C.
The BlackBerry KEY2 price in India has been set at Rs. 42,990 for the 6GB/64GB variant. It will go on sale exclusively via Amazon India from July 31.
BlackBerry KEY2 Specifications are
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Chipset (4 x 2.2GHz Kryo 260 cores + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 260 cores)
- Display: 4.5-inch full-HD IPS LCD display, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass, a 3:2 Aspect Ratio, Pixel Density of 433ppi, 1080×1620 pixels resolution
- RAM: 6GB
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Storage: 64GB/128GB Onboard Storage + 256GB expandable
- Camera: Rear – 12-megapixel rear dual sensors with Dual Tone LED flash and dual PDAF, Primary sensor – 79.3 degrees Field of View, 1.28-micron pixels, f/1.8 aperture, Secondary sensor – 50-degree Field of View, 1.0-micron pixels, f/2.6 aperture / Front camera – 8-megapixel fixed focus, Screen Flash, Full-HD video recording
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano) 4G LTE (on both SIM cards)
- Battery: 3500mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ac (dual-band 2.4GHz, 5GHz), Bluetooth v5.0 LE, GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, NFC, and USB Type-C.