First 4G LTE smartphone by Blackberry in India!
Blackberry launched the Blackberry Leap in India. It was first seen in MWC 2015. The smartphone is powered by 1.5GHz dual core Snapdragon S4 (MSM8960) with Adreno 225 GPU. It has 5-inch HD display with 1280×720 pixels. It comes with 2GB of RAM with 16GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 128GB.
The Blackberry Leap sports 8MP rear camera with LEAD flash, can record 1080p HD video and 2MP front camera, can record 720p HD video. It runs on Blackberry 10.3.1 OS. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE and GPS + GLONASS. It packs with 2800mAh battery which is non removable.
Commenting on the launch, Sunil Lalvani, Managing Director, BlackBerry India, said,
[notification type=”notification_info” ]The BlackBerry Leap was designed specifically for the young power professionals who see their smartphone device as a powerful and durable productivity tool that also safeguards sensitive communications, while on-the-go. With BlackBerry Leap complementing the latest BlackBerry portfolio, including BlackBerry Passport and BlackBerry Classic, we continue to provide products and services that meet the needs of our consumer and enterprise customers.[/notification]
The BlackBerry Leap will be available in Grey colour for Rs. 21, 490. It will go on sale from 12th May in India.
BlackBerry Leap specifications are
- Processor: 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 (MSM8960)
- GPU: Adreno 225
- Display: 5-inch HD with 1280×720 pixels
- RAM: 2GB
- Memory: 16GB internal, expandable up to 128GB microSD
- Camera: Rear 8MP Auto-Focus with LED Flash, 1080p video at 30fps/ Front 2MP fixed-focus with 720p HD video recording
- OS: BlackBerry OS 10.3.1
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 2800mAh integrated non-removable