It will support Android L!
HTC launches its latest smartphone Desire 820 in IFA Berlin 2014. The Desire 820 has 5.5-inch display with 1280×720 pixels and runs on Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense 6 UI later it can be upgradable to Android L. The smartphone is loaded with four 1.5GHz and four 1GHz core processor with Snapdragon chipset 615 powered by Adreno 405 GPU.
The HTC Desire sports a 13MP rear shooter with LED Flash, BSI sensor, 1080p video recording and an 8MP front shooter which can also record video up to 1080p. It is a dual SIM smartphone with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory which is expandable up to 128GB via microSD. Connectivity options include 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS and 2600mAh battery capacity. It has dual front facing speakers with built in amplifiers and HTC BoomSound for better audio output.
The HTC Desire 820 will be available in Marble White (glossy), Tuxedo Grey (matte), Santorini White (glossy), Milky-way Grey (glossy), Tangerine White (glossy), Saffron Grey (glossy), Flamingo Grey (glossy), Blue Mist (glossy), and Monarch Orange (glossy) colours. HTC will also sell Dot View covers as an accessory and it will roll globally in September. No word on pricing yet.
HTC Desire 820 specifications are
- Processor: (4×1.5GHz + 4x 1GHz) Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Display: 5.5-inch with 1280×720 pixels
- RAM: 2GB
- Memory: 16GB internal, expandable up to 128GB microSD
- Camera: Rear 13MP with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording/ Front 8 MP, 1080p video recording
- OS: Android 4.4 with HTC Sense 6 UI, upgradable to Android L
- SIM: Dual (optional)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- Battery: 2600mAh