The wait is over!
First things first, the phone looks stunning! It comes with a 5-inch screen with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution. The capacitive keys have been replaced by virtual navigation keys. What company calls “Motion Launch” is the ability to lock and unlock the device with double tap on the screen or activate it with a single swipe.
HTC One M8 is powered by Snapdragon 801 2.3GHz quad-core processor. It comes with two rear-facing cameras, they call it “Duo Cameras”. The rear camera remains 4 “UltraPixels” and the front one is 5 megapixel. It comes with 32GB internal memory which is expandable up to 128GB via microSD card. It also comes with 50GB of Google Drive storage for two years.
The Duo Cameras allow user to refocus shots after they have been taken. There is a lot you can do with the cameras. HTC is also opening its camera API to third-party developers.
There is a new power saver mode with a larger battery which ensures 40% longer battery life. Not just that, the two front-facing BoomSound speakers remain and they promise 25% louder sound
The metal unibody design makes it look amazing. The range of colours has also widened with silver, a darker silver with brushed metal look and the other standard colours.
HTC One M8 will be available via 230 carriers in over 100 countries. For US and Canada it will be out in first week of April and eventually come to other countries.
HTC One (M8) specifications are
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
2.5GHz quad-core CPU in Asia/China (MSM8974AC)
2.3GHz quad-core CPU in US/EMEA (MSM8974AB)
- Display: 5- inch, Full HD 1080p Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 2GB DDR2
- Memory: 16GB / 32GB internal, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Camera: Rear HTC UltraPixel camera , BSI sensor, pixel size 2.0 um, sensor size 1/3”, ƒ/2.0, 28mm lens, 1080p Full HD video recording with HDR video
Front 5MP, ƒ/2.0, BSI sensor, wide angle lens with HDR capability
- Connectivity: 4G/ LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, Micro-USB 2.0, Infrared remote control, GPS, GLONASS, Digital compass
- OS: Android 4.4 with HTC Sense 6, HTC BlinkFeed
- SIM: Nano
- Battery: 2600mAh