LG announces its 2016 flagship smartphone!
LG officially announced its latest flagship G5 in MWC 2016. It packs with dual rear cameras and hardware expansion slot. It sports 16MP rear camera with LED aFlash, OIS 2.0, Laser auto focus, manual mode and a secondary 8MP camera with 135 degree wide angle lens. It comes with Hardware expansion slot which are CAM Plus and Hi-Fi Plus with B&O Play.
The LG G5 has 5.3-inch Quad HD always on display which lets user to check the notifications and battery status without waking. The overall backlight display consumes 0.8% battery drain in an hour according to LG. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with 4GB of RAM. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with LG UX on top of it. It also has USB Type C charging port with fingerprint sensor.
Hardware Expansion slot
- CAM Plus: Camera that is attached with battery slot for a comfortable grip and convenient control of a DSLR. Provides physical buttons for power, shutter, record, and zoom. Packs additional battery capacity of 1,200mAh.
- Hi-Fi Plus with B&O Play: Portable Hi-Fi audio player developed in collaboration with B&O Play supports 32-bit, 384KHz high-definition audio playback.
LG also announced LG friends which includes LG 360 VR, LG 360 CAM, LG Rolling Bot, H3 by B&O PLAY, LG Smart Controller,LG Friends Manager.
The LG G5 will be coming in Silver, Titan, Gold and Pink colours and will roll out globally in April along with the Friends companion devices. No word on the pricing yet.
LG G5 specifications are
- Processor: Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Display: 5.3-inch Quad HD always-on, 3D Arc Glass with 2560×1440 pixels
- RAM: 4GB
- Memory: 32GB internal, expandable up to 2TB microSD
- Camera: Rear 16MP, laser auto focus, dual-tone flash, 4K video recording, 8MP secondary rear with 135-degree wide-angle lens/ Front 8MP
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 2800mAh (removable) with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0