LG revealed its Flagship G8 ThinQ smartphone at MWC 2019 in Barcelona. Launch images state a 6.1-inch FullVision OLED display with Snapdragon 855 and triple camera setup. Camera spec includes a 16MP 107-degree super wide-angle, 12MP standard and 12MP telephoto 2X optical lens. A 3D ToF front camera measures the distance between an object and a camera within a mere millimetre to control the intensity of subject blur for stunning selfies. Video Portrait mode lets you shoot the object with bokeh effect in play after analyzing distance and depth with Dual FOV technology.
Security is re-envisioned through a Hand ID and Face Unlock that keeps the phone safe from prying hands. Hand ID identifies owners through a sophisticated piece of tech that recognize owners through the shape, thickness and individual characteristics of veins in the palm of their hands. As radical as it might sound, it looks overrated in every sense. Other key features include a radical tech dubbed as Air Motion which helps you end or answer calls, take screenshots, switch between applications and adjusts volume without touching the screen. Speakers are updated to impart a crystal sound stage owing to its OLED (CSO) technology that uses the display as an audio amplifier.
Overall the LG G8 ThinQ is an epitome of perfected innovations which creates a flawless experience that would justify its price tag going by the acclaims of the rumours.
LG G8 ThinQ specifications
- 6.1-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) 19.5:9 FullVision OLED Display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.5 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 78° lens, 16MP super wide camera with f/1.9 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 107° lens, a 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 45° lens, LED flash
- 8MP front camera, f/1.7 aperture, 1.22μm pixel size, 80° lens, 3D ToF sensor
- The fingerprint sensor, 3D face unlock
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS: X 3D Surround Sound, Boombox Speaker with stereo output
- Dimensions:151.9 x 71.8 x 8.4mm; Weight: 167g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 3,500mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The LG G8 ThinQ will come in Carmine Red, New Aurora Black and New Moroccan Blue colours are expected to roll out from March.