LG Electronics India today launched the much-anticipated range of televisions in India featuring Artificial Intelligence (AI) ThinQ. For more immersive TV viewing experiences, the new range includes various models under its OLED, Super UHD, UHD and Smart TV category.
With AI functionality in LG TVs, the consumers can directly speak into the remote to control TV functions and seamlessly discover and play content The TV not only Listens and Answers but Listens, thinks and Answer. Additionally, there are a set of 800+ commands which work even without internet connection.
LG AI TV is now powered by α Alpha 9 intelligent processor which offers accurate colors, more realistic and improved image renderings from any viewing angle. It also comes combined with the sound that beautifully captures the movement of every object in a scene. LG AI TV also supports the full palette of HDR, including Dolby Vision, advanced HDR by Technicolor, HDR10 Pro, HLG Pro, creating a true cinematic experience at home.
On the occasion, Younchul Park, Director-Home Entertainment, LG Electronics India, said: “Artificial intelligence is definitely the road ahead for all our future products. AI functionality backed up with extensive research is incorporated in televisions with an aim of delivering a unique and more intuitive experience. As a matter of fact, we have taken a step ahead to implement AI function across our range of smart televisions. At LG our interest is in improving the user lifestyle and convenience. We are launching 25 models of AI today across all segments.
Major features of LG AI TV are
- LG’s ThinQ offers an interactive experience in the new smart TV lineup that delivers intelligent voice-activated control and connectivity. With a streamlined setup process, viewers can seamlessly connect to gaming consoles and external sound bars.
- Other unique features include Mobile Connection Overlay that enables the customers to view both the mobile and television screens simultaneously. Customers can also access Google photos & drive on LG TV with help of cloud photos and videos App.
- The 2-way Bluetooth feature on these televisions allows users to listen to the TV audio wirelessly on a compatible audio device and connect the mobile with LG TV in order to enjoy music.
- LG’s newest α Alpha 9 intelligent processor provides true-to-life images with incredibly rich colors, sharpness and depth. A core element of the α9 processor is the four-step process of noise reduction that drastically reduces grain and banding noise.
- A9 processor is designed to support high frame rate (HFR) for producing smoother and clearer motion images at 120 frames per second for better rendering of fast-action content such as sports and action movies.
- LG also unveiled their 2018 range of premium 4k SuperUHDTVs. While continuing with the tried and tested Nano Cell Technology, it has many new additions namely ThinQ AI, α Alpha 7 processor, Dolby ATMOS and Full Array Dimming.
- By combining Nano Cell, LG’s 2018 SUPER UHD TV offers a host of technological advantages including deeper blacks, enhanced image rendering, improved shadow details and accurate color from wide viewing angles. Nano Cell Display reveals a billion lifelike colors, 64 times richer than conventional TV.
- It also uses the latest webOS, a user interface which provides seamless, intuitive navigation with Magic Remote’s point, click, scroll and voice commands.
LG AI TV is available in OLED, Super UHD, UHD and smart TV segment. The range starts from 32,500/- to 29,49,990/- across sizes starting from 32-inch till 77-inch.