LG also announced the V50 ThinQ 5G smartphone alongside the G8 ThinQ, this is the company’s first 5G device. Powered by the latest gen Snapdragon X50 5G Modem chipset, the V50 is all set for the 5G revelation. It has a new Vapor Chamber Heat Dissipation system that keeps the device temperature low. The V50 has a massive 6.4-inch QHD+OLED screen that renders stunning graphics along with a triple rear camera setup that includes a 16MP 107-degree super wide-angle, 12MP standard and a 12MP telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom. The front facing camera is a standard 8MP unit with a 5MP wide-angle lens.
The company also introduced some cool accessory like a new Dual screen which adds another 6.2-inch OLED FHD+ display for a tablet-like experience. This second screen also doubles up as a dedicated controller that can be tilted to a 104 and 180 degrees.
The LG V50 ThinQ will come in Astro Black colour scheme and will ship later this year. The firm has tied up all major carriers in Europe and US to accommodate the 5G experience.
LG V50 ThinQ specifications are
- 4-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) 19.5:9 FullVision OLED Display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU with Snapdragon X50 5G Modem
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.5 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 78° lens, 16MP super wide camera with f/1.9 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 107° lens, 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 45° lens, LED flash
- 8MP front camera, f/1.8 aperture, 1.22μm pixel size, 80° lens, 5MP secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 90˚ lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS: X 3D Surround Sound, Boombox Speaker with stereo output
- Dimensions:159.2 x 76.1 x 8.3mm; Weight: 183g
- 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 4,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0