Microsoft announces its new mid-tier smartphone!
Microsoft announces Lumia 640, a mid-tier smartphone in MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2015. The smartphone has 1.2GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor powered by Adreno 305 GPU. It has 5-inch HD ClearBlack IPS display with Gorilla Glass 3 and 1280×720 pixels. Lumia 640 sports 8MP rear shooter with auto focus, LED Flash and 1MP front shooter.
The smartphone comes with optional Dual SIM and 4G or 3G connectivity. Connectivity options also include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS / aGPS. It has 1GB of RAM with 8GB of insternal storage which is expandable up to 128GB. It is running on Windows 8.1 and will be upgradable to Windows 10. It comes with 2500mAh battery capacity. The smartphone has 1TB of One Drive storage, 1 year of Microsoft Office subscription and 60 minutes of international calling per month.
The Microsoft Lumia 640 will be available in Orange, Cyan, Matte Black, and White colours for 139 Euros (approx. Rs. 9,625) for the 3G variant and the LTE variant priced for 159 Euros (approx. Rs. 11,000), excluding taxes. It would go sale from April.
Microsoft Lumia 640 specifications are
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- GPU: Adreno 305
- Display: 5-inch HD ClearBlack IPS with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 1280×720 pixels
- RAM: 1GB
- Memory: 8GB internal, expandable up to 128GB microSD
- Camera: Rear 8MP auto focus with LED flash/ Front 1MP
- OS: Windows 8.1 with Lumia Denim, upgradable to Windows 10 for Phones
- SIM: Dual (optional)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / aGPS
- Battery: 2500mAh