Following the last year’s success at MWC Barcelona, Nokia was all geared up to displays its long-awaited Nokia 9 smartphone with an exclusive 5 camera Zeiss setup. However, Nokia didn`t come empty handed as they had some affordable smartphones for the mass market too.
HMD Global announced the Nokia 1 Plus, the latest iteration of the Nokia 1 device launched last year. It packs a 5.45-inch FWVGA+ IPS panel, while it is powered by MediaTek MT6739 SoC with 1GB of RAM. It runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) Go Edition. Camera spec includes an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Android Go ensures timely updates and security patches to keep this device relevant to the competition. Price is set at $99 (Rs. 7,030) for 16 GB variant and will be available for purchase starting March 2019.
Nokia 1 Plus specifications
- 5.3-inch (480 x 960 pixels) FWVGA+ 18:9 display
- 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6739W 64-bit processor with PowerVR Rogue GE8100 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) Go Edition
- Single / Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front camera
- 3.5mm jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 145.04 x 70.4 x 8.55 mm
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB OTG
- 2500mAh battery