HMD Global launched Nokia 7.1 in India, it is a mid-range smartphone with Android One. It has 5.84-inch FHD+, 19:9 aspect ratio and 80% screen to body ratio, it supports HDR and can upscale the SD to HDR content in real time. The display adapts the brightness indoor and outdoor as well. The company calls it PureDisplay and it has 2244×1080 pixels.
It runs on Android Oreo 8.1 Oreo and will get the Android 9.0 Pie upgrade soon. It sports 12MP (RGB) + 5MP (MonoChrome) dual rear cameras, and an 8MP front camera with AI, which supports facial recognition. It has 6000 series aluminium frame and uses a dual-anodised diamond cut coloured edge. It packs with 3060mAh battery which can charge from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes. It is powered by Octa Core Snapdragon 636 processor and 4GB RAM.
Ajey Mehta, Vice President and Country Head, India, HMD Global, said:
We know a lot of our fans in India enjoy creating videos and watching content on their smartphones. That’s why it was important for us to bring both ZEISS optics and PureDisplay technology together in a versatile device that offers a superior content experience, regardless of whether you’re taking photos for your social media or watching the latest series on your favourite streaming service.
With real-time SDR to HDR conversion, more fans can enjoy a premium viewing experience across content. And with the integrated ZEISS optics, fans can take advantage of rapid auto focus and capture incredible HDR photography as well. We’re thrilled to bring such an impressive device, created with the help of best in class partners to our fans in India.
The Nokia 7.1 will be coming in Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel colors for Rs. 19,999 and will go on sale through retailers across India and official website from 7th December.
- Airtel prepaid customers get 1TB of 4G data on eligible plans starting Rs. 199 and Airtel postpaid customers can enjoy additional data of 120GB
- Consumers purchasing Nokia 7.1 using HDFC Bank Credit and Debit cards on EMI transactions done through Pinelabs terminals in offline stores will receive a 10% cashback
Nokia 7.1 specifications are
- Display: 5.84-inch Full HD+ HDR 10 with 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 2244×1080 pixels
- Processor: 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm
- GPU: Adreno 509
- RAM: 4GB LPPDDR4x
- Memory: 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal, expandable up to 400GB with microSD
- Camera: Rear 12MP (RGB) primary with dual LED flash, f/1.8 aperture,1.28 um pixel size, ZEISS optics, EIS, 5MP (Monochrome) secondary with f/2.4 aperture, 1.12um pixel size/ Front 8MP with f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree FOV
- SIM: Hybrid Dual (nano + nano / microSD)
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, upgradable to Android 9.0 Pie
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C 2.0, NFC
- Battery: 3060mAh with fast charging