As the name suggest they are tough!
Panasonic launched Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1, these are rugged smartphones by Panasonic available in India. The Toughpad FZ-E1 comes with Windows Embedded 8.1 Handled and powered by 2.3GHz quad core Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974AB) processor, whereas Toughpad FZ-X1 runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and powered by 1.7GHz Qualcomm S4 Pro (APQ8064T) processor. Both the Toughpads supports 4G LTE, 3G connectivity, 8MP rear camera with powerful flash light and 1.3MP front camera. Both these powerful smartphones are Water and Dustproof with IP65/IP68 certified and also comes with optional 1D/2D bar-code reader.
Commenting on the launch, Hide Harada, Managing Officer in charge of Mobile Business Division, Director of IT Products Business Division (ITPBD), AVC Networks Company, Panasonic Corporation said,
[notification type=”notification_info” ]With mobility increasingly becoming a crucial factor in determining business success today, the launch of these products is a strategic step towards enhancing our focus on the mobility segment. We are among the few device manufacturers to offer complete customization for our rugged-devices, with everything in-house. With the new devices complementing our existing business, we will be able to significantly improve our presence in the segment, driven by factors such as improving mobility infrastructure and ecosystem, combined with business and workforce demand.[/notification]
Toru Hasegawa, Divisional Managing Director, Solutions Division, Panasonic India, said,
[notification type=”notification_info” ]With the industry moving towards unification of enterprise and carrier networks, we are offering all-inclusive solutions to different market segments. The new products build on the legacy of nearly two decades of rugged devices from Panasonic to accomplish the mission of professionals in the most demanding work environments. With this launch, we are looking at increasing our presence in the Rugged IT devices segment from an existing 60% to almost 65%.[/notification]
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1 are available for Rs. 1,19,000 and Rs. 1,09,000, and the Toughbook CF-54 is available for Rs. 139,000.
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1 specifications are
- Processor: 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974AB) / 1.7GHz Qualcomm S4 Pro (APQ8064T)
- Display: 5-inch touch screen with 500 cd/m2 brightness to avoid sunlight reflection, 1280×720 pixels
- RAM: 2GB
- Memory: 32GB internal
- Camera: Rear 8MP with LED flash/ Front 1.3MP
- OS: Windows Embedded 8 Handheld / Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Water and Dust proof, IP65/IP58 certified
- Dedicated Security core – FIPS 140-2 Level 2 compliant
- Drop resistant from a height of 3 meters, MIL-STD 810G compliant
- Connectivity: 4G LTE/ 3G (HSPA+ 21 Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b / g/n/ac Bluetooth 4.0, Satellite GPS, micro HDMI
- Battery: 6,200mAh hot-swappable with up to 14 hours talk time and up to 1000 hours standby
Panasonic Toughbook CF-54 features
- 50% thinner and 25% lighter than previous model CF-53
- Equipped with the new 5th Generation Intel® CoreTM i5-5300U vProTM Processor (3 MB cache, 2.3 GHz up to 2.9 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology)
- Single battery life of 11 hours*2
- Comes with a hot swappable battery option