Let’s see how Samsung can take this!
Samsung announces its latest rugged tablet known as Galaxy Tab Active. The tablet is shockproof, waterproof (up to 1.2m) and dustproof with a protective cover on it. It is loaded with 1.2GHz quad core processor powered by 1.5GB RAM. It comes with 16GB internal storage which is expandable up to 64GB via microSD.
The Galaxy Tab Active sports a 3.1MP rear shooter with LED Flash and a 1.2MP front shooter. It comes with Android 4.4 KitKat running out of the box. Connectivity options include 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS, GLONASS and NFC. The tablet will come in Wi-Fi and LTE/ 3G variants. It has 4450mAH battery capacity which is replaceable by user. It also has C-Pen stylus for an alternative input.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Active will be available in Titanium Green colour with Protective case and C-Pen. No word on availability and pricing yet.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active specifications are
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core
- Display: 8-inch WXGA with 1280×800 pixel
- RAM: 1.5GB
- Memory: 16GB internal, expandable up to 64GB via microSD
- Camera: Rear 3.1MP auto focus with LED flash/ Front 1.2MP
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Connectivity: 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Battery: 4450mAh (User-replaceable)