After chaos of Note7, now Note8 is official!
Samsung launched its most anticipated smartphone Galaxy Note 8. The Note 8 has features like IP-68 water resistance, different biometric locks and a 6.3-inches 1440p AMOLED display with 18.5:9 screen ratio. It has almost non-existent bezels that we got on the S8’s Infinity display. It has 3300mAh of battery.
It is powered by 1.6GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset with 6GB of RAM. There is 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB via microSD card slot. It runs on Android 7.1.1 Nought out of the box. Other connectivity options are Bluetooth, NFC, USB OTG and Wi-Fi.
The Note 8 comes with dual camera setup. One of a standard 12-megapixel f/1.7 camera and a secondary 12-MP f/2.4 camera with a longer focal length, which is a 2x zoom of the main camera. Note 8 has optical image stabilization (OIS) on both standard and zoom lenses. The front one is of 8-megapixel for selfies.
The Note 8 will be available initially in two colors (black and orchid gray). The Global pricing starts at a whopping $929.99.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 specifications are
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Adreno 540 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895, Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- Display: 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity with 522ppi, 18.5:9 aspect ratio, 2960×1440 pixels
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4
- Memory: 64GB/128GB/256GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Camera: Rear 12MP Dual Pixel with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens, OIS, secondary 12MP with telephoto lens, f2.4 aperture, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom/ Front 8MP auto focus with f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- SIM: Hybrid Dual (nano + nano / microSD)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1, NFC, MST
- Battery: 3300mAh with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)