Samsung announced the latest iteration of its symbolic S series of devices. Besides their flagship S10 and S10+, Samsung has introduced an affordable S10e which packs the features of its flagship sibling without the added cost. These newest offerings seem to resemble a line up similar to that of Apple.
With S10e, Samsung wishes to provide a flagship level performance within an aggressive price bracket that is both sleek and nimble to take on the rivals such as the One Plus 6T or the iPhone XR.
The Samsung Galaxy S10e sports a smaller 5.8 inches Full HD+ AMOLED infinity-O display with an Exynos 9820 SoC same as the S10. Pictures come through a 12-MP wide-angle sensor with 16MP fixed-focus sensor on the back while font uses a camera unit similar to the one on the S10. Battery comes in at 3100mAh with an optional 128GB or 256GB internal storage which can be expanded through a micro SD card. Fingerprint sensor sits on the back of the device which is a bummer as In-screen tech would have been a good addition.
Samsung Galaxy S10e Specifications:
- 5.8-inch Full HD+ (2280 × 1080 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED display with 438ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9820 8nm processor with Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB/256GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with an f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 8X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Capacitive Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dimensions: 69.9 x 142.2 x 7.9mm; Weight: 150g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 3,100mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
The Galaxy S10e would come in a yellow, dark grey, white, blue and green colour scheme.
Pricing and Availability
The S10e would be priced at $749.99 (Rs. 53,215) for the 6GB Ram +128GB storage while 8GB+256GB storage will set you back $849.99 (Rs. 60,310). Pre-orders begin from Feb 21st and will go on sale from March 8th 2019 for select markets.