Samsung launched the three devices under their parent A-series lineup, these devices cater a wide price band from 8K to upwards of 20K. These devices include the Galaxy A10, Galaxy A30 and the Galaxy A50 smartphones.
Amongst the bunch, the A50 is the top of the line device as it charges a premium price tag owing to its In-display fingerprint scanner. It also comes with a triple rear camera setup that comprises of the 25MP camera with f/1.7 aperture, 5MP depth sensor for live focus and 8MP Ultra-Wide lens.
It has a massive 6.4-inch Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display, powered by the latest gen Exynos 7 Series 9610 10nm processor with 6 gigs of RAM. It comes with Samsung One UI with Android 9.0 OS underneath. Power comes through a 4000mAh battery pack that also supports fast charging. Samsung has bundled its proprietary bloatware in from of Bixby Vision, Bixby Voice, Bixby Home and Bixby Reminder.
Samsung Galaxy A50 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.7GHz) Exynos 9610 10nm processor with Mali-G72 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM
- 25MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP 123-degree ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 25MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension:158.5 x 74.7 x 7.7mm
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy A50 will come in Black, White, Blue colours, priced at Rs. 19,990 for the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage while Rs. 22,990 for the 6GB RAM + 64GB storage version. It will begin shipping from March 2, 2019, with both online and offline retailers.