One couldn’t contain the excitement that Samsung creates at their launch events. The solid built up creates a nail-biting experience that fuels a sea full of eagerness, as the Korean giant sets the industry benchmark through its groundbreaking innovation and design philosophy.
Well with Wednesday’s launch, Samsung didn’t disappoint on that front, as they revealed their much-anticipated lineup of gadgets at an event in San Francisco. Amongst the plethora of devices they launched were the most awaited flagship devices – the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+. These devices stay true to their S-badge as they pack some serious specs.
The S10 is purported to pack a 6.1-inch screen while the S10+ comes with a 6.4-inch QHD+ display with so-called Infinity-O display as they use a double hole-punch notch to maximize the screen-to-body ratio. Both houses an In-Display Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner that the company deems to hold the title of world’s first FIDO Alliance Biometric Certification. Under the hood, both packs a Snapdragon 855 or Samsung’s own Exynos 9 Series 9820 SoC depending on the region. Running on top is the OneUI build on the latest Android 9.0 framework with the company’s propriety services like Bixby, Samsung Health, Samsung Pay and Samsung DeX.
In terms of camera spec, they provide a triple rear camera setup with a primary 12-megapixel Dual Pixel and Dual Aperture primary sensor, 16-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a 123-degree field of view and a 12-megapixel Telephoto lens. The front-facing camera is updated to a 10-megapixel Dual Pixel unit, while the S10+ houses an additional secondary 8MP depth sensor. An IP68 certification ensures water and dust resistance.
Battery wise the units differ with S10 packing a 3,400mAh and S10+ packing a bigger 4,100mAh unit. Both supports wired fast charging and wireless charging 2.0 as well as new wireless PowerShare feature to charge Qi-compatible devices on the back of the phones.
Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+ specifications
- S10 – 6.1-inch Quad HD+ (3040 × 1440 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED display with 550ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- S10+ – 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (3040 × 1440 pixels) Curved Dynamic AMOLED display with 522ppi, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9820 8nm processor with Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- S10 – 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB/512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- S10+ – 8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB/512GB/1TB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- S10 and S10+ – 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variableaperture, OIS, a 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with the f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV (S10+ only)
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Capacitive Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- S10 Dimensions: 149.9×70.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 157g
- S10+ Dimensions: 157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8mm; Weight: 175g (Ceramic: 198g)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- S10 – 3,400mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShares
- S10+ – 4,100mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShares.
The devices would be available in Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow and Flamingo Pink colour. S10+ is flanked by a premium touch through a Ceramic Black and White body kit.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 8GB + 128GB – $899.99 (Rs. 64,030 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 8GB + 512GB – $1149.99 (Rs. 81,815 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ 8GB + 128GB – $999.99 (Rs. 71,145 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ 8GB + 512GB Ceramic – $1249.99 (Rs. 88,930 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ 12GB + 1TB Ceramic – $1599.99 (Rs. 1,13,830 approx.)
Pre-orders begin from February 21, 2019 in the US, while other markets have to wait until March 8, 2019.