Sony Mobile just announced its flagship offering, the Xperia 1 at MWC 2019. From the looks, it seems Sony has taken the longer route to redefine itself. By longer, we mean a 6.5-inch 21:9 CinemaWide 4k HDR display that offers Sony`s proprietary vibrant display technology called the Bravia X1 engine. A Creator mode ensures colours pop out to create an explicable experience while watching movies or TV shows. It’s powered by the latest gen Snapdragon 855 chipset with 6GB of RAM.
X1 comes with a triple camera setup that includes a 12MP rear camera, 135-degree super wide-angle lens, 12mm telephoto lens with a dual photodiode image sensor for RAW noise reduction. Sony claims the X1 to be the world first smartphone with Eye AF that gives it a 10 FPS AF/AE for precise focus for high-speed shooting.
Corning has included their newest Gorilla Glass 6 to reinforce the X1`s back and front. Apart from this, there is a fingerprint sensor that`s placed on the side, while battery power comes from a 3330mAh pack.
Sony Xperia 1 specifications
- 5-inch (1644x3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, TRILUMINOS Display for mobile, X-Reality for mobile, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 1/2.6″sensor, f/1.6 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 1.4μm pixel size, Predictive capture, 12MP f/2.4 aperture 1/3.4″0μm 135° ultra wide-angle, 12MP f/2.4 aperture 1/3.4″1.0μm 45° telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 2x optical zoom, 960 fps Super slow motion
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1/ 4″Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speaker, DSEE HX, LDAC, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 167 x 72 x 8.2mm
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3300mAh Battery with Qnovo Adaptive Charging technology, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qi Wireless charging
The Sony Xperia 1 will come in Black, Purple, Grey and White colors, and will be priced at (US$ 1,045 / Rs. 74,270). X1 will begin shipping by spring end in the US and in coming weeks in Europe.