Republic of Gamers, the sub-brand of Asus launched its all-new gaming smartphone Asus ROG Phone at Computex 2018. The new Asus ROG phone is first to bring 3D vapor-chamber cooling system. It also has a Side-Mounted port, an ultrasonic Air-Trigger touch sensor and an AMOLED display with HDR visuals, perfect for a gamer-centric design and build. The Asus ROG Phone comes with the optional Twin-View Dock for the dual-screen handheld mode. It also has a Mobile Desktop Dock for desktop-style gaming and a Gamevice controller with WiGig Dock. The Asus ROG Phone additionally comes with Asus Aura RGB lighting and Asus HyperCharge direct-charge technology.
Asus ROG Phone houses a 2.95GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset with 8GB of RAM and Adreno 630 GPU for a complete gaming experience. It features a 6-inch full-HD+ AMOLED display with 1080×2160 pixel resolution, 90Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time. It also has 512GB of massive onboard storage.
Asus ROG Phone sport a Dual Rear Camera of 12MP+8MP sensors while an 8-MP sensor at front. It has 4000mAh of battery which claims to give 7+ hours of Gameplay. The battery is supported by fast Charging. The connectivity options are 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ad, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, AGPS, USB Type-C port and NFC.
Asus ROG Phone specifications are
- Processor: 2.95GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset
- GPU: Gaming optimized Adreno 630 GPU
- Display: 6-inch IPS LCD 1080p Full HD+ AMOLED display, DCI-P3 colour gamut, 10000:1 contrast ratio
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR4X
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Storage: 512GB onboard
- Camera: Rear camera- 12MP & 8MP dual rear cameras /Front camera- 8MP
- Battery- 4000mAh with Fast Charging
- SIM: Single Nano SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Dual Band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C, NFC