Sony Slim phone comes to India!
The 5.3 inch Triluminous display having an HD resolution of 720 x 1080p is powered by the Mobile Bravia Engine 2. The pixel density offered by the smartphone is of 277 ppi. The quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8228) clocked at 1.4 GHz patched up with the 1 GB of RAM is delight for the users, but we were expecting it to have 2 or 3 GB of RAM. The t3 sports an 8 MPix autofocus rear snapper with LED flash comprising of the leading Cyber shot technology with the Exmor RS allowing users to take exceptional pictures even in challenging light conditions. With the SteadyShot technology all the snaps taken are smooth and distortion free .The camera features scene detection, HDR, face recognition, red eye reduction, sweep panorama and geo tagging. It also has a 1.1 MPix front camera for video calls. The T3 sports 8 GB of on board storage with expansion by the help of micro SD card of upto 32 GB. It supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS/ A-GPS, GPRS/ EDGE, DLNA, NFC, Micro-USB and 3G connectivity options. All of this hardware is powered by an incredible 2500 mAh battery which is rated to deliver 13 hours of talktime and 688 hours of standby time. The battery STAMINA mode also helps users to enjoy the entertainment experience for even longer.
Some of the impressive apps that come pre loaded with T3 are:
- Social live – lets you broadcast every precious moment as it happens live via Facebook and lets you see and share comments in real time on the phone’s screen
- AR effect – switch your camera to AR effect mode to add new sound effects and fun animations to your photos and videos. Ranging from dinosaurs to ocean-life, these fully customisable themes can be easily edited as you go.
- Timeshift burst – if you’re afraid you’re going to be too late on the shutter, don’t be. Timeshift burst takes 31 frames within just two seconds. Starting even before you press the shutter, Timeshift burst can make sure you capture the perfect picture.
- Creative effects – to give your pictures an artistic edge apply a wide selection of looks to your photos and videos with creative effects; change colours, add image trails or apply mirror effects. Available in real-time for video, these adjustment enhance your clips and open up a world of possibilities.
- Portrait Retouch – style your close-ups. Portrait Retouch makes sure you’re always captured looking your best with features including real-time makeup, deco frame and other options. You can also see changes in real time, before capturing the shot to ensure a photogenic finish.
The steel used in the frame of the T3 ensures sturdy and durable feel for the users while at the same time it functions as an antenna, combining form and function. The back cover has a matte finish which helps the T3 to get a slim feel and light weight despite its robust build. The Xperia T3 runs on Android 4.4 KitKat OS out of the box with single SIM variant only. Sony Inc boasts of its 7 mm thickness and feather weight of 148 grams. It will be available to Indian users in three colours namely black, purple and white. It will be available for users from 28th of July at all Sony Centers, Xperia flagship and major electronic stores throughout India. For more detail read Sony Xperia T3.