Here’s everything you need to know about Xiaomi’s upcoming device basis rumours!
Xiaomi is making a big noise for its upcoming smartphone in the country with dual cameras. However, before the launch itself, we’ve got all the updates about the device. Unlike previous rumours, the smartphone won’t be called the 5X, but the Xiaomi Mi A1. And interestingly enough, it appears to be a doppelganger of the 5x, but with one major catch. For the first time ever, instead of the MIUI, Xiaomi will be going for the Android One by partnering with Google, which means that the phone will offer a complete stock experience. This may be shocking to some Xiaomi fans, but good news for others as it will get the OS updates early.
The Xiaomi Mi A1 sports dual rear cameras at the back with dual-tone LED Flash. This will be the Xiaomi’s first dual camera smartphone in the India as the Mi 6 never came to our shores. The pair of snappers will offer optical zoom-like functionality (up to 2x) and bokeh effects. The front camera stands at 5MP.
The smartphone has a 5.5-inch display with a 2.5D curved glass and a resolution 1,980 x 1,080 pixels. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor, paired with 4GB of RAM. The storage variants are expected to be either 32GB or 64GB. It will be supporting 4G VoLTE and we also expect to see some tie-ups with Reliance Jio for 4G data benefits. It will be packed with a 3,000mAh battery. Rumours suggest that it will be coming in black and gold colours, and there’s also a chance of seeing the rose gold hue in India. The expected price of the smartphone will be between Rs. 16,000 to Rs. 17,000.
Leaked Xiaomi Mi A1 specifications are
- Display: 5.5-inch FHD with 2.5D curved glass
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
- RAM and Memory: 4GB with 32GB / 64GB internal storage, which is expandable up to 128GB
- OS: Android One (7.0 Nougat)
- Rear Camera: Dual 12 MP (26mm, f/2.2; 50mm, f/2.6), phase detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Front Camera: 5MP, video recording 1080p
- SIM: Dual (nano+nano)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Battery: 3,000mAh