Successor of Redmi!
Xiaomi announces its Redmi 2 in China. The smartphone comes with 4.7-inch IPS display with 1280×720 pixels, it is the same display which we have already seen in Redmi 1S. It has 1.2GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) 64-bit SoC powered by Adreno 305 GPU. It comes with 1GB of Ram with 8GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 32GB via microSD.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 sports 8MP rear shooter with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording and 2MP front shooter which can record up to 720p. It is a dual SIM smartphone and supports 4G LTE connectivity. It comes with Android 4.4 KitKat with MIUI v6 UI on top of it. It packs with 2200mAh battery capacity.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 will be available in White, Dark gray, Bright Yellow, Light Green and Pink colours for 699 Yuan (approx. Rs. 7,120). No word on global roll out.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 specifications are
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916 ) 64-bit
- GPU: Adreno 305
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS with 1280×720 pixels
- RAM: 1GB
- Memory: 8GB internal, expandable up to 32GB microSD
- Camera: Rear 8MP with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording/ Front 2MP, 720P HD video recording
- SIM: Dual
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat with MIUI v6 UI
- Connectivity: 4G LTE/3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Battery: 2200mAh