Xiaomi Redmi 2A is a variant of Xiaomi Redmi 2!
Xiaomi on its 5th anniversary announced its Redmi 2A which is a variant of Redmi 2. The smartphone is powered by 1.5GHz quad LCI L1860C processor whereas Redmi 2 comes with Snapdragon 410 64-bit SoC is the only difference between the variants. The Redim 2A has 4.7-inch IPS display with 1280×720 pixels. It has 1GB of RAM with 8GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 32GB. It supports dual SIM and comes with Android 4.4 KitKat with MIUI v6 running out of the box.
The Redmi 2A sports 8MP rear shooter with LED Flash, BSI sensor , f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording and 2MP front shooter, 720p HD video recording. Connectivity options include 4G LTE/3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. It has 2200mAh battery capacity.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2A will be available in White, Dark Grey, Bright Yellow, Light Green and Pink colours for 599 Yuan (approx. Rs. 6,049) originally, but it gets a price cut and will be available for 499 Yuan (approx. Rs. 5,035) only on 8th April. No word on global roll out yet.
Xiaomi Redmi 2A specifications are
- Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core LCI L1860C
- GPU: Mali T628 dual-core
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS with 1280×720 pixels
- RAM: 1GB
- Memory: 8GB internal, expandable up to 32GB microSD
- Camera: Rear 8MP with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording/ Front 2MP, 720p HD video recording
- SIM: Dual
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat with MIUI v6 UI on top
- Connectivity: 4G LTE/3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Battery: 2200mAh