The most anticipated budget smartphone Mi A2 finally launched today at an event in Delhi. The smartphone features Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC, 5.99-inch full-HD+ display, and Android 8.1 Oreo. The Mi A2 India variant will be 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage currently and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage will be coming soon.
Its the second generation smartphone by Xiaomi under Google’s Android One programme. The new Mi A2 also sports a 12-megapixel Sony IMX486 primary sensor with f/1.75 aperture and 1.25-micron pixels and a 20-megapixel secondary Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture and a 2-micron 4-in-1 Super Pixel size. On the front, the handset gets a 20-megapixel Sony IMX376 selfie camera with f/1.75 aperture, fixed focal length, and a soft-LED flash. Apart from this, the device is backed by 3,010mAh battery and comes with Quick Charge 4 for fast-charging support.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 will be coming in Lake Blue, Gold, Black Rose Gold colours for Rs. 16,999 and will be exclusive through Amazon.in. No word on pricing or availability of 6GB RAM and 128GB storage variant.
Mi A2 Specifications are:
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor
- GPU: Adreno 512 GPU
- Display: 5.99-inch full-HD+ (1080×2160 pixels) display with an 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass, and Gorilla Glass 5
- RAM: 4GB/ 6GB LPDDR4X
- Memory: 64GB/ 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Camera: Rear – 12-megapixel Sony IMX486 primary sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 1.25-micron pixels, 20-megapixel secondary Sony IMX376 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, 2-micron 4-in-1 Super Pixel size, dual-tone LED flash / Front – 20-megapixel Sony IMX376 selfie camera, f/1.75 aperture, Soft-LED flash
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth v5.0, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Miracast, an IR emitter, and USB Type-C
- Battery: 3,010mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0 Support