iRist runs on Android!
Intex launched its first smartwatch iRist at MWC Shanghai. It runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS with Google Play store enabled. The smartwatch supports built-in 3G SIM to make and receive calls and SMS. It has 1.56-inch OLED display with Sapphire Glass protection, 240×240 pixels.
The iRist sports 5MP camera on its right side and two physical buttons. The smartwatch is Dust and Water resistant and also supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and pedometer built-in.
Commenting on the launch, Keshav Bansal, Director, Intex Technologies said,
[notification type=”notification_info” ]We are stepping into a new era of innovation with the launch of the IRist. Today through this platform we have established our brand as a global dimensional entity that believes in bringing the best in class technology through its products. With the announcement of this new wearable by Intex, we are introducing a different category of products to our audience. We aim at taking home the advanced technology by our brand in order to familiarize the masses with the feature rich products which add convenience to their lives. We have always believed in improving the quality of life of people by empowering them with latest technological products at affordable price.[/notification]
The Intex iRist will be available in Black, Orange and Pink colours for Rs. 11,999. It will go on sale early August and initially it will be exclusively on eBay.in. It also comes with a Bluetooth Stereo headset in the box as a freebie.
Intex iRist specifications are
- Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6572
- Display: 1.56-inch OLED with Sapphire Glass protection, 240×240 pixels
- RAM: 512MB
- Memory: 4GB internal (1.3GB user memory), expandable up to 32GB with microSD
- Camera: 5MP with 720p video recording
- OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Make and Receive calls, SMS
- Dust and water resistant (IP65)
- Connectivity: 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/ A-GPS
- Battery: 600mAh with up to 240 minutes talk time and up to 200h standby