Another new design by Samsung!
Samsung announces it’s another variant of Galaxy S6 with curved edges known as Galaxy S6 Edge in MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2015. Samsung already introduced curved in Galaxy Note 4 Edge but it was from one side and Galaxy S6 Edge which comes with curved edge from both sides. It comes with premium feel and look, as per hardware it is pretty similar to Galaxy S6. Galaxy S6 comes with IR blaster, finger print sensor and heart rate sensor.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge comes with 5.1-inch Super AMOLED Quad HD display, 2560×1440 pixels. It comes with Gorilla Glass 4 protection for front and back panel. The international model of Galaxy S6 will be available with 64-bit Exynos octa-core chipset based on the 14nm architecture. It has 3GB of RAM with optional internal storage 32GB/ 64GB and 128GB, expandable memory is not supported.
The Galaxy S6 sports 16MP rear shooter with f/1.9 and optical Image stabilization. It comes with IR Detect white balance to neutralize images which offers more neutral exposure. The smartphone sports 5MP front shooter with wide angle. It is running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI on top of it. It has 2600mAh non removable battery.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge will be available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum and Green Emerald colours. No word on pricing yet but will go for global roll out from April 10th.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge specifications are
- Processor: Octa Core (1GHz Cortex A57 + 4×1.5GHz Cortex A53) Exynos 7420 SoC 64-bit support
- GPU: Mali-T760
- Display: 5.1-inch Super AMOLED with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection front and back, 2560×1440 pixels
- RAM: 3GB
- Memory: 32GB/ 64GB/ 128GB internal
- Camera: Rear 16MP with OIS, autofocus, LED flash and record 4K video/ Front 5MP with dual video call
- OS: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI on top of it
- SIM: Nano
- Connectivity: LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, IR Remote, USB 2.0, A-GPS and GLONASS
- Battery: 2600mAh non removable