Oppo launched its flagship smartphone Oppo N3 and a new Oppo R5, which is the world’s slimmest smartphone with 4.85mm thickness. Earlier the slimmest smartphone was Gionee Elife S5.1 which was 5.1mm thick. The smartphone is loaded with 1.5GHz octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor poered by Adreno 405 GPU. It has 5.2-inch Full HD AMOLED display with 1080×1920 pixels.
The Oppo R5 sports 13MP rear shooter with Sony IMX214 sensor, Schneider lens and 5MP front camera. It runs on Android 4.4 KitKat with Color OS 2.0 UI on top of it. It has 2GB RAM with 16GB internal memory which is non expandable. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and NFC. It has 2000mAh battery capacity with VOOC charging technology which will charge the smartphone from 0 to 75% in 30 minutes.
The Oppo R5 comes with metallic and ceramic finish in Silver colour. It will go on sale from December for $499 (approx. Rs. 30,500).
Oppo R5 specifications are
- Processor: 1.5GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939)
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD AMOLED with 1080×1920 pixels
- RAM: 2GB
- Memory: 16GB internal
- Camera: Rear 13MP with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 sensor, Schneider lens/ Front 5MP
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat Color OS 2.0 UI
- Connectivity: 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC
- Battery: 2000mAh