Xperia XZ2 younger brother also got announced in MWC 2018!
Sony announced Xperia XZ2 Compact along with Xperia XZ2. It has 5-inch Full HD+ 18:9 HDR screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection with an anti-scratch polycarbonate body. It is powered by Snapdragon 845 processor and runs on Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. It has front firing stereo speakers with S-Force Front Surround and also has IP65/68 ratings for dust and water resistance.
The Xperia XZ2 Compact sports 19MP Motion Eye camera with 1/ 2.3″ Exmor RS memory stacked sensor, 960 fps super slow motion videos, Triple image sensing technology and 5-axis image stabilization for shake-free videos. It can shoot 4K HDR Movie recording, ISO sensitivity of 51200 for photos and ISO 12800 for video. It has 5MP front camera and packs with 2870mAh battery with fast charging capability.
The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact will be coming in Black, White Silver, Moss Green and Coral Pink colours. It will roll out globally from March 2018 and no word on pricing yet.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact specifications are
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Display: 5-inch 18:9 Triluminos HDR with Gorilla Glass 5, 2160×1080 pixels
- RAM: 4GB
- Memory: 64GB internal, expandable up to 400GB via microSD card
- Camera: Rear 19MP with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive capture, 5-axis stabilization, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion video/ Front 5MP with 1/ 5″ Exmor RS sensor, 23mm super wide-angle, f/2.2 aperture
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- SIM: Single / Dual
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- Battery: 2870mAh with Qnovo Adaptive Charging technology, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0