Xiaomi added a new smartphone Redmi Y2 in its portfolio. Redmi Y2 is the successor of Redmi Y1 which was launched last year. As the Y series is known for its selfie camera, Redmi Y2 features a 16MP front camera with tons of AI features. Following the trend, this smartphone also supports new face Unlock Unlock.
Redmi Y2 houses an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset clocked at 1.8GHz paired with 3GB/4GB of RAM. It features a 5.99-inch IPS HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio. The smartphone runs on Android Oreo 8.0 based MIUI 10 out of the box. The rear panel sports 12MP+5MP dual sensors while the front panel has 16MP selfie sensor, both side accompanied by a LED flash. The camera app has new AI features and other supportive modes.
It is a Dual-SIM smartphone with Hybrid SIM card slots (2 nano + 1 microSD). Redmi Y2 has new Face Unlock feature for security while the fingerprint sensor is also placed on the back. The smartphone is backed by 3080mAh of battery. Other connectivity features are 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and microUSB.
Redmi Y2 comes in three different colour variant, Grey, Gold, and Rose Gold. The 3GB/32GB model is priced at Rs. 9,999 while the 4GB/64GB model has a price tag of Rs 12,999. Both the smartphone will be available on Amazon and Mi India Website.
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 specifications are
- Processor: 1.8 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Display: 5.99-inch IPS HD+ display, 18:9 aspect ratio, 720×1440 pixels
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo based MIUI 10
- Storage: 32GB/64GB; expandable micro SD card support up to 128GB
- Camera: Rear camera- 12MP & 5MP dual rear cameras, f/2.0 aperture, LED Flash/Front camera-16 MP, LED Flash
- Battery- 3080mAh
- SIM: Two Nano-SIM + microSD
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n , GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.2 and MicroUSB